Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Last Night's Bottle - Croteaux - 2010 Chloe Rose Sauvignon Blanc

Let me start by saying if I haven't already that there is one clear favorite when it comes to L.I. wines.  The vineyard is Croteaux.  Modeled after the famed region of Provence, these guys have got it right.  From the friendly atmosphere to the quaint tasting room & french styled garden out back right down to every last nail in the refurbished barn, this is by far a must see when visiting the North Fork.  I will stop gushing there as I would prefer it remain a somewhat closely guarded secret among the 5 (or less) people that read this blog and hope it remains that way.

About the wine, it's good.  It's real good...especially if Rose is your thing.  I genuinely believe that aside from the bold reds we have grown accustomed to on Long Island, the production of Rose seems to be on the upswing.  And if it's not, it should be.  Buying the first bottle Croteaux Chloe Rose was originally more of a gimmick purchase for me simply because it's named after my dog.  The fact that the wine is amazing was very pleasant surprise.  For the sake of this being a wine blog and not a dog blog I should probably give you a quick brief of my notes.

My notes: Sweet with notes of ripe citrus and a subtle presence of rose petals.  Dainty, floral & extremely light.  Pleasant & refreshing with a long lasting yet not overzealous mouthful of grapefruit finish.

Simply put, you should all grab a bottle or case and see for yourself.  I sincerely doubt you will disapprove.  If you do, I will take the rest of what you don't finish (at no cost) and save it for myself. :)

In all seriousness, I have thoroughly enjoyed every single bottle of wine I have brought home from here. In addition to the countless hours I've spent lounging in the garden as if it were my own.  If you find yourself venturing east, be certain to make this a stop on your tour.  Although I won't tell you where exactly it is. Some things are better left a secret.

Until next time...
Cheers,
ES



No comments:

Post a Comment