Wednesday, October 3, 2012

After a brief hiatus, I'm back!

Sometimes I need a break.  Just a little bit of time to mentally, physically & spiritually regroup.  Basically, I start feeling guilty about all the bad things I eat and drink and the overall neglected state of my body that I feel the need to occasionally take a step back for a few weeks and cleanse.  My first step back was a small one, but the good news is that it's been so long since the nectar of the god's has touched my lips that I was buzzed after just one glass.

Francis Ford Coppola - Votre Sante 2010 Pinot Noir

It's fall and that means it's time for some deep red to match the changing leaves.  I am truly a fan of all things Coppola and this was no different.

Cranberry in color and scent, with subtle notes of cinnamon, brown sugar & oak.  A mouthful that was tart yet crisp & robust with a deep grainy woodsy flavor. 

This wine was many different things.  Perhaps my palate was awakened once again after not having suffered from the typical abuse I so regularly dish out by eating crappy food & drowning myself in cheap wine.  Seriously, this was a stellar bottle of $15 wine that I would buy time and time again. And to top that, they design was a little more artsy than the standard variety.  I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but I mentioned it anyway. 

With that, I bid you farewell.

Until next time.

Cheers,
ES

*Damn right, I took this picture myself with the new iPhone.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment