Friday, August 26, 2011

Last Night's Bottle - Jordan 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon

On an otherwise typical Thursday night, we decided to open a bottle of Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon to enjoy with dinner and some Jersey Shore. That's right I proudly watch that trash and although this season is the worst one yet, I still find myself drawn to it.

The Jordan name is readily available, easily recognizable and typically reliable from one of California's most well known producers.

While I find the wine to be classic in most every sense of the word, the price ($35-45) could be considered somewhat excessive for a slightly above average bottle of wine. I have have enjoyed similar wines for much less $.

About the wine:

A rich crimson color leads to blackberry, cherry & currant notes with mild mineral undertones & subtle spice that jump out at you right away.

The palate is full of berry flavor followed closely by cinnamon & vanilla and a hint of wood.  The wine itself is soft with an understated acidity.

Again I did enjoy this bottle, but it is what I would expect from a large producer such as Jordan. In one word, "reliable".  If you have the dollars to spend, by all means don't let the price fool you.  If you prefer to find that diamond in the rough for a small cost, then move on to something you haven't already tried before. I think it is safe for me to say that Jordan's Cabernet doesn't stand out among 100's of other similar wines out there.

More to come next week.

In the mean time, Happy tasting!
-E.S.




No comments:

Post a Comment