Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Wines

Here's a quick look at what we drank this past weekend. I'm always looking for a strong value without the guilt of having to cut my debit card in half. Enjoy!

Castle Rock - Pinot Noir
2009
Cherry and tea aroma with plum & mild spice flavors lead to a lasting finish that compliment this medium bodied wine nicely. Not something I would buy on my own so thankfully I received this bottle as a gift. But obviously you are your own judge.

*Personal rating of 2 of 5 @ est. of $8.99


Franciscan Estate - Cabernet Sauvignon
2007
Hints of black cherry and plum on the nose with distinct flavors of plum, cocoa and possibly tea or tobacco.This is an extremely well balanced wine with a smooth yet robust finish. One of my "go-to" Cabernet's that seemingly never lets me down.

*Personal Rating of 3.5 of 5 @ $15.99
*Wine Enthusiast Rating of 94


Marques de Caceres - Rioja Blanco
2010
Fruity on the nose with hints of pear and green apple. The mixed fruit flavor is refreshing without any overwhelming acidity. This is a great summer white for the price. Do not let the screw off cap scare you off, it just makes it easier to open while enjoying a perfect sunset at the beach.

*Personal rating 3+ of 5 @ $5.88 (You cannot deny the excellent value here.)
*Wine Enthusiast Rating of 87

Happy Tasting!
-E.S.



No comments:

Post a Comment